To: SBS Transit
1) TV Mobile on SBS buses intrudes on our right to peace and quiet and should be removed;
2) TV Movile programmes have appalling entertainment value [Molly: Of course. It was never meant to entertain us. It was meant to bombard us with advertisements. Entertainment? Well, if you are a fan of that *** Mark Lee...];
3) It is unclear to the public how, if any, revenue from TV Mobile has contributed to keeping bus fares low [Molly: SBS had justified the TVMobile as a means of keeping fares low. However, I don't know if the profit the SBS makes from it is factored in when the PTC reviews applications for fare hikes. Neither do I know if passengers are paying for the energy consumption and/or maintenance of the TVMobile. But when SBS applies for a fare hike, it would tell sob stories about high operational costs and how the revenue from fares (not including TVMobile?) is not enough to cover operational costs];
4) Instead, bus fares have been rising steadily,
5) with little signs of service improvements in these areas – A) cleanliness of buses; B) politeness of bus drivers; C) shorter waiting times; D) cost-benefit transparency; [Molly: We also do not know how many decibels of noise commuters are exposed to.]
6. We call for a basic commuter’s right: the right to a peaceful bus ride.